top of page
Orgill_Web Leaderboard Ad

Nov 7, 2022

Lower Prices Impact LP Sales

Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP) had net sales of $852 million in the third quarter of 2022, a decrease of 16 per cent compared to net sales of $1,018 million in the third quarter of 2021. The siding segment had net sales of $394 million for the quarter, up 26 per cent over net sales of $312 million in the year-ago period and the oriented strand board (OSB) segment had net sales of $388 million, down 35 per cent over net sales of $600 million. The results were impacted by lower prices and higher volume. Overall income from continuing operations was $129 million for the third quarter, down 61 per cent from $332 million in the prior-year period. Net income was $226 million compared to $365 million last year.

Sign up for our Daily News Alerts to receive relevant industry news, articles, and previews for our next issue of Home Improvement Retailing. Delivered directly to your inbox. Subscribe here.

bottom of page